Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Colorful Nostalgia


It was after a long break of 11 years I played Holi like a freak. The last time I played was before by 10th Standard Board Exams, back in 2000. I was all tainted by positivity around me and it was because of my students. This Holi was the most memorable one as I was not loving the taste of colors, but the aura was so energetic that, I felt to scream and shout, "Harkaati Karkaati......" and have little "Thandaai" on the verge of the dusk. It was a Super-Moon day and that added more brightness to my colorful day. I was supposed to go to a quiz show after the Holi session, but I was so much tainted that, I had to be in bathroom for almost 45 minutes washing myself. I was tired taking bath and that wore me out. I stayed back in home and slept off....

The next day was a wonderful start as I spoke to my best friend in USA via video chat and that made my day. I was on cloud nine and there was no better way than to express myself here. We talked about not so great things, but one thing she mentioned was, she was direly in need of a boyfriend and upon that, she had missed the Holi Celebration at the Indian community there in Illinois. I was explaining her to get one, and my lecturing ingredient was lucid in the conversation. I invisibly had to tell her that, "you won't get boyfriends by keeping the board of NO VACANCY on your face, but you need to be IN there to find someone." I really didn't wanted to suggest anything on that matter so I was silent on that part.

I had so much to tell, I wanted to ask her to come back home, instead she was trying to convince me and join the regular job, which I despise a lot. I said that, this is the only job where I get some respect along with my salary. People hardly call you Sir/Mam when you are in the other job, and that was what my article was all about; on "Equality or Respect: A Paradoxical Choice." Nevertheless, I was back to Nostalgia when I talked with her and the "Poet" in me is all alive, all over again....

No comments: