Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Reflection


Hello, dear sunlight,
it’s been a long time
I didn’t write
a beautiful story
in your glory.
I was in a deep slumber,
hoping to wake up with a smile.
It’s been a while,
I miss your radiant glow
on my face.
I’ve rather been slow
soaking in some grace.
It was dark.
I was waiting to see my reflection
in the abyss.
Something felt amiss,
and it was me
who couldn’t see,
how brute
I had become,
cursing my own roots.
My patience quivered,
my emotions shivered.
I wasn’t who I saw
in the rattled river.
It was my wrath
that eventually conquered.
Surfacing my innermost demons.
An inhuman emerged amongst humans.
I’m sorry dear sunlight,
In the quest for the ultimate joy,
I lynched a pure, passionate boy.
The brightest smile, and the starry eyes
have now mastered
the art to despise.
I’m sorry dear sunlight,
I somehow mustered
some courage to invite
candor into the party of chaos.
Emptiness mirrored
in the storm.
And all I hoped for,
was to bring back my lost self
into my true form.

No comments: