Saturday, April 21, 2018

Wanderer


I am here,
thinking
of escaping
the mundane.
I must be insane
to even think
of a life beyond deadlines.
My mind - a wanderer,
reminds me always.
Do something else.
You’ve earned your laurels.
Let your mind rest.
Calm that beast.
Do that at least
and begin the conquest.
So speaks my mind.
So kind
of it to let me be.
It finally came to a halt.
“I’ll finally have my single malt”, I wondered
and began to wander.
My feet started to speak.
“Where’s the bloody peak?”
“How high is the mountain?”
“Why am I this weak?”
I didn’t have an answer.
I didn’t have any answers.
I was hunting for feats
and my feet had turned fragile.
“How will you wander now?”
“I can see the moon”, said the eyes.
“I can even dream.
when you can’t even scream.”
The eyes were confident,
full of love.
“Get ready for ascent”,
the eyes powered the feet,
and so the wanderer was reborn
from his own defeat.

No comments: