Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Not my best friend



Dear Bangalore,
I don’t think I like you anymore
I hoped you would embrace me,
tightly in your arms,
but you suffocated me to the core.
Oh Bangalore! I don’t like you anymore.

I thought you’d let me breathe!
I hoped you would make me feel at home,
at my home,
but you left me alone at my door.
Oh Bangalore! I don’t like you anymore.

I thought you’d be by my side,
In my good times and bad,
but it was my bad
I didn’t know you kept scores,
Oh Bangalore! I don’t like you anymore.

(to which, Bangalore says -)

Dear Ameet,
I don’t think I like you anyway,
You came here as a guest,
and you left one fine day,
Oh Ameet! I don’t like you anyway!

You thought you’re special,
but there are millions like you,
who are here to stay,
Go away Ameet, I don’t like you anyway!

You felt I’d hug you and welcome you home,
Didn’t you know? You were living in an ashtray!
Hey Ameet! I don’t like you anyway!

No Gods can save us from going away,
It has to be this way,
If you wish, you can pray,
I maybe the one who betrays, but here’s the thing –
I don’t like you anyway!
Oh Ameet! While you’re leaving, please be okay!

No comments: